Trades Academy provides students with hands-on, trades training options linked to our regions 21st century, workforce needs
Trades is where students can gain tertiary training and qualifications, through taking courses provided by six tertiary providers, as part of high school.
Courses offered meet the changing workforce needs across the Bay of Plenty region, and range from “typical Trades” courses from Construction, Engineering, Hospitality, Farming & Ag that fit our 21st century trades courses that are infused with technology like Game Art, IT Support Web and Graphic Design.
Credits gained contribute to the students NCEA achievement at Levels 1, 2, 3. Courses also count towards Tertiary credit and qualifications
Courses are work based programmes full of learning and are hands-on, enables you to develop skills for work, life or future study, pathways to local workforce needs, includes industry visits and field trips, enables you to develop key skills and experience that employers are looking for and involves both theory and practical training.
So, in summary:
What opportunity does Trades Academy offer you?
- Trades-related experience while in school
- Valuable work skills, confidence, and experience that employer’s value
- Credits that help you with both high school and tertiary achievement
- Try out tertiary education with no fees
- Use the experience as a pathway to further tertiary study and qualifications
- Develop skills for work and life
For more information please contact Ripeka Hawkins Trades & Gateway Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org